Skip to main content

Quizlet for Assessment Review


So I knew I was onto something for students with Quizlet when my son ran through his flashcards twenty times in one night.  When I asked him why he had done it so many times, he said because his teacher had set it up as a game and he wanted to be the best in the class.  Using competition to get kids to study is a great idea.

Quizlet was started eleven years ago by a high schooler who was trying to figure out how to study for a test.  Boasting one hundred million users there are many different uses for it that you can have your students do:
  • Teacher or student can create their own set of flashcards
  • Teachers can then create their own classes which require no login for the students so they can play games (many different ones)
  • You can also just search for ones for your class.  You can also be specific such as typing in the name of your unit and state exam and it will pop up.  Generally the best ones are the top returns.  Then you can just take the link and give it to your students
The video above will help you do all of the above things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exporting a Blackboard Test To Word

For those of you who want out of Blackboard (the Microsoft of platforms), one of the hardest things to move are tests.   A quick way that may work in most cases is on the video above, but here and here are guaranteed ways to fully convert a Blackboard file to a Word document. Of course if you want to go the other way, here is a post on how to convert a Word document into a Blackboard test. 

How to Flip Your Classroom

One of the schools, Chantilly, is going one to one this year.  As part of that the teachers will be redoing how they teach.   One of the ways they are looking at is flipping .  So I was asked to teach some presentations on it.  You can follow everything I teach as all of my links and videos will be on this page.  We will start by taking a survey at tinyurl.com/chantillyinservice We will be learning how to create a short flip (defined) using Screencastomatic and what images, slides, short video and information might go into it.  You can also make them using the  Snagit extension here  (and here is how to use it) discuss that you can always use others' videos such as ( history and science , math  and  grammar ) contemplate how to make sure teachers are watching the video in part using a Google Drive form  or even to how to make your own YouTube playlist (2:20 in this video ) use Remind ( resources ) to literally remi...

Rethinking Teaching Using AI

  Rethinking Teaching using AI Math Example My AI Education Jan 13, 2025 First off I admit that I was never particularly good at math once I reached calculus. But what bothered me all along was not understanding the real world examples. Yes, some math sets have word problems, but not nearly enough. Wouldn’t it be great if instead of just doing problem sets (yes I know these are necessary) each set included several real world examples as did exams. For example, I asked  ChatGPT to do just that for Algebra I and Calculus. My prompt for Algebra I was: Can you give me five examples of how I can connect an Algebra I class to real world examples. Include both the Virginial SOL that is being taught and the real world example. One example I got for this was Scenario : You’re budgeting for a party. You have $200, and decorations cost $50. Each guest will cost $15 for food. Write and solve an equation to find how many guests you can invite. Equation : 15x+50=20015x + 50 = 20015x+50=200 ...